A new software version is available for your Silent Bricks System.
Due to numerous security updates, we classify this version as mandatory for all Silent Brick Controllers and Drives.
Follow these steps to update your system:
- Make sure that your system is at least on version 2.31. If in doubt, contact technical support (see end of document).
- Download the new version and save the .tar file (do not unpack the file!).
- Stop all access to the system:
a. "Eject" tapes in virtual tape libraries via the managing software.
b. unmount SNAS volumes in the web interface and take Silent Bricks offline
- Now install the update (fast-sb-update) via the service area from the user interface and let the process complete. The system will reboot after completion.
DO NOT REBOOT THE SYSTEM BY YOURSELF!
- Log in again and check the version.
For all Silent Brick Controllers and Drives.
With this release, we support the more secure variant V3 of the SNMP protocol in the context of SNMP monitoring, including the associated authentication options.
Update of the Public API
Update of the Public API calls corresponding to the new scope of functions.
Update of the Windows scripts for compatibility with Windows Powershell 7.
Creation of a new VEEAM Connect Script to use the VEEAM function "Rotated Disks" in combination with several Silent Brick Volumes.