Safeguarding infinite data, infinitely.
The first storage system to be explicitly and categorically developed for the secure, long-term storage of permanent data.
- Exceptionally secure against data loss, hardware malfunction and misconfiguration
- Particularly low energy and operating costs, ultra-scalable into the petabyte realm
- Full FAST LTA on-site service includes hardware replacement with zero data loss
Silent Cubes are in trusted use wherever large volumes of sensitive data need to be saved on a long-term, secure and economical basis.
This makes Silent Cubes the ideal complement to your software.
Through our Approved Solutions program of hand-selected solution providers, we ensure that all systems will run at peak, seamless interoperability.
The Perfect Connection
Silent Cubes integrate seamlessly into your network architecture
Silent Cubes help to free up your valuable online storage (SAN). Using archiving or HSM software, you then store less frequently accessed data on your specialized Silent Cubes long-term storage unit. This allows you to cut your costs by up to 80%.
- Frees your online storage of rarely-accessed data, ensures ample storage capacity
- Substantially reduced acquisition, administration and energy costs
- Reduced data volume shortens your online storage backup and restore times
- Silent Cubes archival storage is ultra-secure, easily replicated, and needs no additional backup
Migrating rarely-accessed data frees the online storage and significantly shortens backup and restore times due to reduced data volume. Silent Cube storage systems are scalable into the petabyte realm. You can add storage units at any time – even after years – and thus keep up with your needs as they grow.
The user interface allows you to create as many volumes and shares as needed (with access rights) for connecting to different solutions and departments.
Simple network share connection
Regardless of which archiving, DMS or HSM solution you use, and whether your archiving needs encompass medical PACS data, emails or other documents, Silent Cubes integrate seamlessly into your infrastructure.
Individually configurable volumes (reserved storage areas) and network shares (with variable access rights) ensure problem-free interoperability with software solutions.
SILENT CUBES Advantages
While conventional hard disk drives are unable to fully exclude user errors, the FAST LTA WORM Controller protects all data against deletion or overwriting at the very lowest hardware level. To protect against epidemic disk failure, each Cube features 4 hard disks from 3 different manufacturers.
Silent Cubes’ quadruple redundancy coding makes it more secure than a mirrored RAID 6 con guration – at a far better gross/net ratio. The Digital Audit regularly and automatically checks all data within each storage unit – bit-by-bit – enabling the early detection and recti cation of errors.
- WORM hardware reliably seals data
- 12 hard disks: 4 each from 3 different vendors
- Compensates for up to 4 hard disk failures
- Regular self-check (Digital Audit)
Scalable & modular
Silent Cube storage systems are scalable to 4000+ terabytes. You can add storage units at any time and thus keep up with your needs as they grow. Silent Cubes feature a compact, award- winning design and have been devised for 19-inch rack mounts.
Replicating a Silent Cubes installation at a second location protects against total loss of a system, for instance due to re or water damage. The system includes the necessary software at no extra charge.
- Scalable from 2 TB into the petabyte realm
- Expandable at any time in the future
- Conceived for 19- inch rack mounts
- Includes software for second site replication
Saves energy & costs
Silent Cubes are certi ed as CAS (Content Addressed Storage) for revision-safe storage and thus meet various relevant legal stipulations (including the GDPdU, GoBS, RöV in Germany, Austria and Switzerland) – at a truly hard-to-beat price. Their low operating and energy costs are the ultimate icing on the cake.
- Certified for revision-safe storage
- Less than 2 watts of energy per storage unit in standby
- Low investment and operating costs (TCO)
- Minimal installation and maintenance costs
Worry-free full service
FAST LTA offers comprehensive service within the scope of its Silent Cubes service contract. Should any problems arise, FAST LTA or certi ed partners will replace any affected components on-site with absolutely no loss of any long-term data stored on your storage units. Software updates and hardware costs, such
as hard disks, are also fully covered.
The system’s integrated monitoring (email, SNMP) provides instant web browser access to system status at all times and keeps FAST LTA informed by email, allowing us to proactively ensure the smooth and secure operation of your system.
- On-site service by FAST LTA or partners
- Includes all software updates
- Includes all hardware replacements
- Flexible terms, fixed service costs
Scalable up to >4000 TB net capacity:
SILENT CUBES SYSTEM
Modular, flexible, energy-saving
The heart of this ultra-secure storage solution is the Silent Cube long-term storage unit. Its high degree of specialization and quadruple redundancy effectively protects all your data against loss at minimum cost of ownership.
The Head Unit connects the ultra-secure Silent Cubes long-term storage units with the customer‘s infrastructure. It manages the long-term storage through a browser based user interface and acts as cache for incoming and outgoing data.
The Silent Cubes System is best suited or archiving needs requiring maximum flexibility, e.g. archiving data from multiple departments, email archiving, HSM architectures, PACS archives.
- Modular long-term storage system
- Connects to the network via Head Unit (HU) server C4 or HU for VMware
- Compliance Module optional, certification according to GDPdU, GoBS, RöV (D, A, CH)
- Modular and scalable at any time, just add storage units (4, 8, 16, 24 or 32 TB net capacity)
- Less than 2 watts of energy per storage unit in standby mode
- Including 3 or 5 years service level agreement
Silent Cube storage systems are scalable into the petabyte realm. You can add storage units at any time – even after years – and thus keep up with your needs as they grow. For even better security, the software for replication to a second location is already included.